Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After

The night before Christmas was a lot of fun in the Alexander home!  All the kids got brand new Christmas jammies.
 
 
As you can see from the picture above, the kids were really excited!  Paul sat them all down and read Santa Mouse.
 
Not once.
 
Not twice.
 
THREE TIMES.
 
This was the first time Zoe has kind of understood what was going on, and she LOVED the story of Santa Mouse which is why she made Paul read it over and over.

 
We set out a small plate of cookies and a glass of milk for Santa and then tucked the kids into bed.  Paul and I took that time to finish wrapping all of the gifts and putting together the stockings while watching a Christmas movie.  It was so much fun!

 
Apparently Mr. Titus was too excited to sleep and stayed awake THE WHOLE TIME we did.  Crazy kid.  He made it a little difficult to wrap gifts when he insisted on being held most of the night.  Ha!
 
We finally went to bed around midnight.  I tried to read until I fell asleep but Paul can't sleep with the lights on, so I had to try and MAKE myself fall asleep.  That was hard when I was so excited to see the kids in the morning!

 
I woke up around 6:30 when Titus woke up to eat and I. could. not. fall asleep again.  I decided to scroll through Facebook and thank the Lord for the beautiful day until someone else would wake up.
 
Paul and I finally decided to open our gifts to each other while we wait for the kids.  It was a lot of fun!  I enjoyed everything he gave me and I know he enjoys his toys I got him too! =)
 
We couldn't take it any longer so we finally woke the kids.
 
They were so excited to see all the presents and their stockings!  It really was the best little Christmas for our kids.  I was so happy!
 
 
After we opened the presents I made pancakes for the first time in my life.  Can you believe it?  I'm so lame!  But not just any pancakes -- Santa pancakes!  I kind of hope this turns into a new tradition for us.  It was a lot of fun!

 
After breakfast the kids played with their doodling pads and Paul and I played Phase 10 Dice!  It was a lot of fun!

 
Oh yeah.. I won!  I was so pumped to finally win a game against this guy!
 
After we played our game, skyped my family in Arkansas, and got dressed we went over to Paul's parents' house and had a second Christmas with them.  The kids had a great time spending the day with their cousins and playing with their new things.

 
Titus was our first baby to sleep through most of Christmas.  Haha!  It was a little odd, but we have plenty more Christmases to have fun with this little guy.

 
By 7:00 the kids had had their fill.  They were so tired and cranky!  We went home, put them to bed, and enjoyed the evening watching one of our new movies we got for Christmas.
 
Now it is the day after Christmas.
 
I have only had one cup of coffee -- I only had to reheat once! -- and I still have a horrible headache.
 
The kids woke up happy for 5 minutes before they started crying because I wouldn't let them eat sugar cookies and chocolate covered cookie dough balls for breakfast.  I'm such a horrible mom!
 
My living room looks like a toy store blew up in there.
 
The dishes are dirty.
 
The laundry needs done.
 
I'm still in my jammies.
 
It's only Wednesday?
 
Hahaha!
 
Gotta love the day after beautiful Christmas!
 
Even though it's past noon now, I still plan on doing my best by getting the daily chores done and keeping a cheerful spirit.
 
This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.