List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
(This is hard!)
Dear 16-year-old self,
- You make a great cup of coffee, but learn how to boil water. Oh, and maybe how to cook.
- Pick up a magazine for Pete's sake and learn how to layer and wear stylish clothes!
- Hug your family more often. They get on your nerves now, but one day you'll move away and the quiet is going to get on your nerves even more!
- Don't get discouraged about the boys in your life. Your knight in shining armor is coming and he is so worth it!
- Learn how to multi-task. You're going to think I'm crazy, but one day you're going to have three babies under the age of three and you're going to feel extremely frazzled because you can't figure out how to do more than one thing at the same time.
- Don't resent other people for the things that happen in YOUR life that you may not like. Everything happens for a reason, just trust God to take care of you and count your blessings.
- You'll be surprised at what friends come and go! Remember to love each one and be thankful for the experience they've given you whether it's good or bad.
- Guess what. That beautiful long hair of yours.. those gorgeous curls.. they fall out. Seriously. Right off of your head. Don't worry, your hair grows back -- but it's pin straight. You can thank pregnancy for that. Three times.
- There's this song/dance called Gangnam Style that is incredibly famous and they match the dance skills you already have. If you dance like a nerd now on YouTube you just might get rich and famous. Please give it a shot!
- By the way, you will have three babies under three, and it is not going to be what you planned, but they are the best kids you will ever meet! They make your days full of laughter and joy. Get ready for a ride!