Monday, December 31, 2012

So long, 2012!

 
Yesterday while I was at church some of the ladies asked if people were doing things for New Year's Eve and wanted to plan a get together.  I was confused at first because I thought we still had plenty of time to think about it.  Uh.. no.  TODAY is New Year's Eve. =D  Where have I been?!  Raising three under 3 -- that's where I've been!
 
I DID write down my New Year's resolutions, though!  I'm not a total loss yet.  I just happened to look at this post and noticed that they're very similar.  Except I'm actually going to do this stuff in the next year. ;)  Promise!  Ooh.  Now I have to do it..
 
So here they are:
 
2013 New Year's Resolutions
·         Read your Bible, pray everyday. Even though I am doing better, I want to continue to keep up the good work of reading my Bible daily and studying the scriptures. I need to also remember to set aside time to pray during the day.  The mini conversations are great throughout the day, but I still need to get on my knees and spend time in prayer.
·         Lose weight. I need to continue watching what I eat and WORKOUT. Working out is what's really going to whip my body into shape. It will help me get stronger, help my back pain, and help me lose weight even faster.
·         Be more organized. I feel like I've come a long way when it comes to keeping my househould somewhat clean, but I have a LONG way to go yet! This year I'm going to try even harder to make this a clean and organized home.  I will go through each room and completely purge it of the junk we do not need/use.
·         Date nights. My mom told me before I got married that even after there were babies, I need to always put my husband first. Well this past year it feels like I have hardly seen him what with him graduating from college, becoming an assistant manager, working 12-hour shifts for months because the manager has been sick, etc. At then end of the day we're both tired and slightly frazzled. I don't want us to slip into a roommate relationship. We are husband and wife! We need to make sure we still stay romantic and fun!
·         Spend more time with my kids. It is so easy to just turn on the tv and let it entertain the kids while I try to get the house clean. But after the shootings in Connecticut it made me realize that one day I won't clean up little socks anymore. One day I won't have smudges on the window or dried frosting on my cupboard doors. I don't know, it just made me realize I need to have fun with my kids while they're still kids! Thanks to Pinterest I have tons of fun crafts and games for us to do! And since I plan on being more organized, I will have a clean house AND happy, creative, imaginative kids -- not couch potatoes. :)
·         Read a book. It it so hard to have any ME time with three babies under three, but if you can, try and read a book every once in awhile. Even if it takes you months, read a chapter before you go to sleep, or even in the quiet in the morning before the kids wake up! Don't miss out on different worlds through books.
·         If you start something, finish it! I have noticed that I have a horrible habit of starting something, like crafts, 30-Days-To-Whatever, books, etc and NEVER finishing them. I annoy myself! So if I start something -- I need to finish!
·         Send out Birthday/Holiday cards out on time for Pete’s sake! Can anyone guess where my Christmas cards are? Yep, they’re on my counter. I’m the worst person ever.
So there you have it!  I think I'm even going to pring these out and put them in a few places in my house that way I'm constantly reminded of the changes I want to make in my life.  Ooh that's a good idea..
 
What resolutions do you have?  I'd love to read all about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.