Monday, November 28, 2011

I Am..



Paul and I were talking the other day, and I told him I was having an identity crisis.  I didn't know who I was as a person, or where I fit in.

I'm not the musical one.  I'm not very smart.  I don't have time to be a book worm anymore.  Who am I?  What am I supposed to be doing in life?



And then Paul said one of the most sweetest things I could ever hear.

"You don't get it, do you?  You stay home all day taking care of babies, doing your best to take care of the house, cooking meals, changing countless poopy diapers, and you have a smile on your face while you do it.  Because you're a mother."

"Anyone can be a mom, but it takes a special person to be a mother.  You love to spend time with your kids, you love unconditionally and give them plenty of hugs and kisses to make sure they know.  Not just anyone is a mother because it takes work, and most don't want to take the time.  But you do, and your children love you for it.  That's the best thing a person could ever be."

Source: imgfave.com via Emily on Pinterest


Paul also said that he always looks forward to coming home at night.  He loves to have his wife and kids rush to welcome him with hugs and kisses.  So I guess I'm a pretty good wife too, huh?

I Am.. a Mother.  My husband and my kids fit in my arms perfectly, like a puzzle piece.  How could I have an identity crisis after that?

1 comment:

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.