Thursday, March 10, 2011

I deserve an award!!

Actually, I did receive some "sweet" awards from Miss Bianca.  You can check her out HERE!  You can see them in my ::new:: awards tab above.  But today, I think I owed myself a different kind of award.. like, you-are-the-blondest-mom-in-the-whole-world kind of award.

I just got Zoe up from her afternoon nap and we were playing on the living room floor.  All of a sudden I realized I forgot to feed Baylee so I headed to the backyard.  Of course, Zoe started to complain because she hates when I leave the room, but I figured she would get over it since I would only be gone two seconds.

I didn't bother with a coat because we reached a scorcher of 42 degrees!  I went out, and Baylee immediately started jumping on me.  Oh. My. Word.  I hate it when she jumps on me!  So I figured I would be smart and put her on the back porch and close the screen door.

And then it happened.

As soon as I scooped her last scoop, I heard ::click:: and my stomach dropped.  No way.  I went to the back screen door and tried to open it.  Oh. My. WORD!!  Baylee locked my door?!?!  How did she do that?!?!  I kept trying to open the door, hoping Baylee was only teasing me and any minute the screen door would unlock and I could go back inside -- with my baby.

I finally gave up and searched my backyard, trying to think of something!

What do I do?  What do I do?  Would a stick work?  I wish I had a bobby pin.  Should I use that brick and break my first window, storming into my kitchen feeling like a hero for breaking into my own house?  Ugh.  No, that would just cost money.  Maybe I should cut my arm off with a dull pocketknife?  NO!!  Think, Grace, think!!

Obviously I couldn't think of what to do so I called Paul at work.  He was busy and couldn't get to the phone so I called my mother-in-law.  She had my father-in-law at my house in 5 minutes.  When he got there I told him what happened and he did what any comforting father-in-law would do -- he laughed.  I laughed.  This really was hysterical!

We walked from the backyard to the front just to check on Zoe, who was bawling her eyes out and wanting to be held, of course.  We went back to the backyard and my father-in-law tried getting my window open -- the one that is above the stairs leading to the basement.  HA!  It would be the only window that is unlocked -- which Paul knows he locked so we're thinking God must have unlocked it ahead of time knowing what a dope I was going to be.

The window was sealed shut because of our recent paint job, but thankfully we were able to break the seal without breaking the window.  My father-in-law jumped in head first and I prayed really hard that he wouldn't break his legs falling down my stairs!  That would just be the icing on the cake for me, wouldn't it?

He was safe and able to open my screen door and Baylee ran for her food while I ran for my baby!  Needless to say she was very happy to see me and I was very happy to see her!

I hope to never do anything stupid like that ever again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.