Thursday, February 17, 2011

Long time no see

Right now I'm typing one-handed because my beautiful daughter fell asleep in my arms.  I look down to see mac-n-cheese baby food dried up and crusty on her forehead and nose.  She slowly twirls her feet in her sleep -- something that soothes her I've noticed.  My heart swells with love for this girl.. even after I put her to bed because she has a screaming fit.

My last post talked about my tough time being a mother when it comes to disciplining Zoe -- and myself.  Though we're still battling this dependency issue, we have accomplished other things concerning the little monster; one of them being her going to bed in her crib.  That was the hardest thing I have ever done.  I still hate the fact that she's not sleeping in bed with me, but I do know that we're all sleeping better, and I have noticed a difference in her attitude.  Except today.  She's been a grump for no reason.

Zoe has last some weight in between WIC appointments so I have started feeding her rice cereal for breakfast and a bedtime snack, and then she has been eating fruits, veggies, and meats for lunch and dinner.  I have to say, we've only tried the meats a couple times.  That stuff is just plain nasty!  I don't blame her gagging and dry heaving.. I was doing the same thing feeding her the stuff.  She loves carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, and pears.. oh, and prunes.  Can you believe it?  It seems like the only thing she hates so far is peas.  I don't blame her.  I feel the same way -- unless they're hiding in a dish.  I can't eat them by themselves.

Mothering a nearly 7-month-old and being pregnant at the same time is not for the weak hearted.  I have been crazy exhausted more often than not, I'm sick 80% of the time, and I think I get irritable easier..  All in all, life is good and we are so excited for another baby!  It will be great to have two youngsters running around together.

Well, I just thought I'd post something real quick.  I need to go.. my baby's calling.  Oi.

2 comments:

  1. Your right...baby food in meat form is disgusting. I never could bring myself to feed it to Jeremiah. I just got that nifty little baby food grinder and we used real meat and grinded it real good. It worked great!! Melissa has one..ask her about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you, and your 2nd baby on the way! I honestly am tired just thinking about it though. :) I'll remember to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.