Friday, October 22, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 3


Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for. 
I had to think about this for awhile.  Did I have anything I needed to forgive myself of? I recently wrote a post titled Remember Me that talked about going back to the town where Paul and I found out we were losing our first baby.  I feel like I talk too much about this topic, but maybe someone needs to hear it?

After the doctor left the room I started sobbing and saying "I'm sorry" because I felt so guilty.  I had a horrible fear that Paul would want to leave me because I couldn't carry the baby.  Your hormones are definitely out of whack at that time since I know he wouldn't leave me for anything.

For months I felt so guilty.  I should have done this.. or maybe I shouldn't have done that..  So many different things went through my head.  And to be honest, I wanted to blame myself.  Someone had to be blamed, why not the one carrying this special gift?

After going back to the town where everything happened, I felt such peace.  I didn't feel guilt.  I didn't feel remorse.  It was bittersweet.  And for the first time, I realized I wasn't blaming myself, or trying to analyze what I should or shouldn't have done.

I forgive myself because I didn't do anything wrong.  Things happen to make us stronger.  That's that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I am your newest follower! I found you on top baby blogs! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    Your daughter is adorable

    Be sure to check out my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.