Thursday, October 21, 2010

You didn't just give birth to a baby; you've given birth to a new you

Though I weigh less than what I weighed before I got pregnant with Zoe, I do not have the body I used to..

I am so proud of myself for doing everything that I did through the pregnancy to make it to where I only gained baby weight.. not mommy weight.  Since being pregnant I have lost 5+ lbs. which is great.

I just can't get over the raisin look..

No matter how much weight I lose I can't help but see my stretched out stomach and stretch marks that look, well, painful.  Paul will be the first to tell you that I allow myself to get so stressed out about it, and actually feel fat because of it.

I read this sentence today and I appreciated it so much.  You didn't just give birth to a baby; you've given birth to a new you.  My life changed dramatically after having Zoe.  Though I don't have a hot bod anymore (did I really ever?) I do have a new baby who loves me completely, and a husband who loves me all the more for bringing this child into the world- for him!  That's a pretty good feeling I must say.

Though I will continue to do the best to stay fit and look my best, I am going to do my best to not stress about it.  Because what I went through was worth it, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.  I guess I will be trying again in a few years!

My poor husband.  He'll probably read this and shake his head thinking, That's what I've been saying this whole time!!  But sometimes women need to hear it from someone else outside of the box.

When I have a confident outlook I will be even more attractive to myself, my husband, and those around me I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.