Monday, May 18, 2015

I'm Baaack!

So much has happened since the last time I updated my blog.  SO MUCH.  I won't bore you with all the nitty gritty details, but here is the shortened version. 

  • The kids and I drove down to Arkansas with my Dad a month before my sister's wedding. 
  • We were busy every. single. day. leading up to the wedding making sure everything was perfect.  Only a few of those days were stressful. ;-)
  • I got addicted to Happy Hour.  Sonic Happy Hour.
  • The kids loved playing outside with Uncle Tommy, Uncle Alex, and the horses.  It was adorable to watch!
  • I found out Titus is never allowed to have Dum-Dums unsupervised.
  • I got to see family I haven't seen in years.  They got to meet my little babies and fall in love with them.
  • When Paul finally made it down I was the happiest girl in the world!  The kids were so excited that Daddy was finally with us too!
  • Paul helped take pictures of the wedding.  I loved watching him.  He's so handsome. :-)
  • My sister's wedding was beautiful!  I'm so happy for her and my new brother-in-law!
  • I enjoyed the many jam sessions and craved more.
  • I'm thankful Paul and I took 3 days to drive home.  Taking our time and stopping to do fun things on the way was a great idea!
  • I have lost 9 lbs since being home!
  • We were given a really nice swing set.  Best. gift. ever.
  • When we got home from our vacation Paul got furloughed from the railroad.  Not cool.
  • I miraculously got my old job back at Construction Monitor.
  • Happy Mother's Day!
That's a very rough summary of our life right now.  Aren't you glad I didn't go into the details?







I really enjoyed my Mother's Day.  I'm so thankful I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and we raise these four amazing kids together.  We may not know what we are doing half the time, but at least we're not doing it alone!

Life is a little different right now.  A little stressful.  Not knowing what the future holds can feel pretty scary if you allow it.  But Paul and I have reminded each other that God has everything under control and He will never ever leave us hanging.  He has already shown us that He is going to take care of us through the amazing family and friends that we have!  I feel like "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow" is stuck on repeat in my head. :-)

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For it's skies may turn to grey.

I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know He holds my hand.

I don't know about tomorrow;
It may bring me poverty.
But the one who feeds the sparrow,
Is the one who stands by me.

And the path that is my portion
May be through the flame or flood;
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.

I'm so thankful I have a relationship with God.  He gives me peace.  He gives me strength.  He gives me courage!  God blessed me with my old job so I can help provide for the family yet still be home so I don't miss out on anything.  Zoe still enjoys her schoolwork at the kitchen table and is slowly learning how to read!  The kids live outside in the backyard -- they're already a shade or two darker than me. :-) Paul and I are daydreaming about the things we want to do around the house.  We are making lists and will slowly do little things here and there that will improve our little yellow home.  We're still thinking positive!  Most days. ;-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.