Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Seven Year Itch

Today is a special day.  Seven years ago on this day my stomach was so full of butterflies I thought I was going to explode!  It was the day before my wedding and I couldn't believe it was finally happening.  I was going to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.  The one man that was absolutely perfect -- and he chose me to be his wife.

It feels like yesterday.  I feel the same anxiety and nerves when I think about it!  I get excited when I think about my sister who must be feeling the same emotions while she anxiously awaits her own wedding in April.  Once the wedding and the honeymoon are over, the real fun sets in.  Life.

Seven years, four kids, three pets, two degrees, and one mortgage later, I am still the happiest woman on earth!

We have had our good days and bad days.  We have experienced hardships, stress, and fights.  But we also have experienced some amazing, wonderful, beautiful things.  The good always outweighs the bad.

I shared on Facebook this morning that experts say that couples who stay married seven years are likely to be together for good.  I don't know who the "experts" are, but I'm glad the odds are in my favor!  A study found that the "seven-year itch" is a myth, and by the time a couple have been together that long their marriage is increasingly likely to last.

I can't wait to spend seven more years with my husband.  Seventeen more years.  Seventy more years if God allows!

Happy "Anniversary" to the most handsome, loving, funny, sexy, strong husband in the world!  You still give me butterflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.