Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Waiting for Sam the Snowman

I think it's safe to say we are experiencing a little blizzard.
 
 
I took this picture this morning, but I just looked outside and this picture looks pretty wimpy compared to what it looks like now!  I guess I will have to take another picture later today and do a comparison.  I'm very thankful for our warm little home and Netflix and Hulu so we can enjoy movies with our warm blankets all day!
 
This snow makes me think of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  I can't help but imagine Sam the Snowman strolling down the sidewalk singing Silver and Gold.  I'm sure Paul will be out there with the kids as soon as he has a chance and they will build a snowman and make snowballs to throw at each other.  The kids are ready!
 
We had a very nice Thanksgiving spent with friends and family!  We ate a ton of food, the ladies got out the Black Friday ads and planned out the rest of the night, the men watched football, some of us played Catch Phrase and it was, of course, hilarious!  It was such a nice day!  I enjoyed it very much.  I'm very thankful for the life I live with my husband and children.

 
Now it is time to enjoy the Christmas season!  Paul and I have done amazing at Christmas shopping this year -- we only have 3 presents left to buy!  The kids and I enjoy watching Christmas movies.  We all are enjoying the snow.  Sometime this week we will finally decorate the house!  The kids are excited about that!
 
I love how Zoe is starting to understand things this year.  She gets confused sometimes and thinks Santa and Jesus are the same person and that Christmas is both of their birthdays.  She also wants to buy them Christmas presents.  Oh, and she thinks that anyone who has a beard is Santa's brother.  Haha!  She is a lot of fun!  She really does love the Christmas story of baby Jesus, she is super excited that she is in our church's Christmas play!  She just loves this time of year!  Who doesn't?
 
Next year I know Max is going to be just like Zoe.  He will slowly understand what's going on and be excited about the Christmas season.  Titus will be next, and then this new little one!  So much fun!
 
I hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season as much as we are!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I am so in love with Max. ;) I really enjoy teaching your children and Olivia in Sunday School. It's neat!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.