Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I may sound like a Scrooge, but I wasn't really planning on putting up a tree this year.  You see, Titus is a lot more "hands on" than the other two.  He is my one child that gets into the cupboards, climbs on things, loves to take things off of the shelves all.day.long.  I just didn't want to deal with the headache.
 
Who am I kidding?
 
We went over to Paul's parent's house on Sunday, and their house is beautifully decorated.  Zoe and Max were so excited to see the tree, the stockings hung, and all the other little decorations!  How could I rob them of such joy?
 
Last night Paul and I got all the boxes out and started decorating.  We decorated while listening to classic Christmas carols and the crackle of a fire -- from our DVD. :-)  The kids were so excited to see the tree go up and see all the ornaments we unwrapped to put on the tree.  They found a Santa hat and went crazy!  So I had to take a picture. :-)
 
 
We decorated the living room and then sat down and listened to Paul read Santa Mouse.  It was slightly stressful, but more than anything it was fun and I love sharing these memories with our little ones!
 
The kids are old enough that we told them about a new tradition we will start this year.  Paul showed them the Christmas pickle and explained that we will hide the pickle somewhere on the tree on Christmas Eve, and whoever finds it on Christmas morning gets to open their presents first.  We probably should have told them about this tradition on Christmas Eve instead of two weeks early...but I will be patient while they excitedly ask if it's time yet to find the pickle!
 
I just love this time of year!  I love it even more now that I have kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.