Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Getting ready for the big day!

Thanksgiving is a little over two weeks away and I am SO excited for the big day!  We are expecting around 25 people I believe.  We all are in charge of certain dishes (I'm bringing the green bean casserole!) so the whole dinner is covered!  And of course we all are bringing different desserts... =)
 
 
There is just something special about Thanksgiving.  The parade and/or a football game in the background, the amazing smells of all the different foods cooking, decorating with fun little turkey crafts, EATING, laying around while your belly is full, playing games with friends and family, eating desserts and/or a turkey sandwich, getting ready for Black Friday shopping!  Ah...I can't wait!
 
There is a little part of me that fights emotions on Thanksgiving, though.  Whenever a holiday comes I can't help but miss my family and wish they were around too.  I hate that they miss out on watching their grandchildren enjoy holiday traditions.
 
What are some of the things you look forward to this Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

  1. I too am SO excited!! You did get that memo that we have to move the dinner from my house to yours, right...???

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.