Friday, August 9, 2013

Bacon Cheeseburger Soup


There's something about chilly, rainy days that make me want to eat soup!  I'm not sure why I love soup so much...but I do!  So I looked at what I had in the kitchen and started thinking.. I almost gave up because I didn't think I had anything for soup.  Boy was I wrong!
 
I had some turkey bacon left over (it was on sale. eh.) and I had some ground beef.  I always have cheese..  Hmm..
 
So I cooked my "bacon."
 
 
I then added diced onions and minced garlic.

 
I browned my hamburger.

 
I added salt, pepper, and this special seasoning...

 
I had a couple potatoes so I cut them up and threw them in.
And I threw in this block of cheese!

 
Just kidding.  I shredded it first.

 
I mad a roux for thickening.
 
 
And voila!  Bacon cheeseburger soup!

 
It was pretty delicious.  Paul loved it too -- and he said he doesn't even care for soup!  I'm doing my best to be the next Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. :-)
 
I absolutely love cooking!  Tomorrow we are going to a BBQ and I'm thinking about what I should bring, and we have a potluck on Sunday that I'm excited about too!  Guess what I'm making?
 
My Olive Garden soup. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love soups, too! I read somewhere once that most any soup should start with onions and celery sautéed in butter. It smells WONDERFUL even before you put anything else in with it! :-) And, of course, garlic is yummy with about anything!
    Your soup looks and sounds delicious! I love "recycling" my leftovers. Soups are perfect for that! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.