Saturday, September 1, 2012

Surprise, surprise!

I woke up Friday morning to Zoe choking and it sounded like she was throwing up, so I bolted out of bed and ran to her room to see what in the world was going on!  Wouldn't you know it.  The girl had a cold.  A nasty one at that!  I felt so bad for my poor, miserable girl.  I planned on getting the house clean that day anyways, so I figured I would just have her lay around and rest while I clean.

I got ready for the day real quick and planned on going to the store with the babies to get orange juice, chicken broth, cold medicine, etc. that way we could stay home the rest of the day and just work on feeling better.

I went to get my keys...where are my keys?

I was out late the night before hanging out with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law as well as our cousins.  I remember unlocking the door.. but where did I put my keys?  I looked high and low and could not find them.  I finally came to the conclusion that I must have locked them in the car somehow.  Where else would they be?  After making a bunch of different phone calls to see if anyone could help, I finally came up with a plan, but we didn't know if it would work.

Cousin Rylee was going to get ready for work early and try and help me out.  After I got off the phone with her I went to make breakfast for the babies.  While doing so I heard a jingle.  I stopped dead in my tracks and listened again..

Could it be?

Zoe came walking in with my keys acting pretty suspicious.

She said, "Oh, Mom...your keys..."


I'm not saying she hid them, but I think she hid them.

So we went to the store real quick, got what we needed, grabbed lunch and brought it home, ate, and then I put my sickies to bed.  I took advantage of the quiet and took a much needed shower.

After taking a shower I started working on the house.  I was very much behind on what I needed to do, but I didn't plan on Zoe and Max being sick.  Eventually babies woke up so I changed diapers and got them settled so I could continue working, when I got a phone call...

Paul: "Hey babe! I finally found the perfect gift for you and the kids!"
Me: "Oh yeah?! What is it?"
Paul: "You're not gonna guess?"
Me: "I have no idea..."
Paul: "Look outside..."

And there he was.  My Prince Charming.

I cannot tell you how excited I was to see Paul in our front yard.  I ran out and gave him the biggest hug!  The kids trailed behind and were SO surprised to see Daddy too!  It was a wonderful reunion!  All we did was sit and the whole family cuddled for a long while.

Zoe wanted Daddy to watch Finding Nemo with her and we actually watched the whole thing!  It felt so good to be together again.

Daddy and the sickies

That night we all were exhausted.  I don't think any of us got that great of sleep this past week.  Zoe and Max went to bed without a single fight and they slept for 12 hours.  I was very thankful to not go to bed alone last night.

This morning we spent the day out with Daddy before he had to go back to work this afternoon.  He has Sunday and Monday off so I'm sure we'll do something special.

I wish I could say I'm glad this is the end.. but it's not.  Paul has two more weeks of training in Bozeman (the kids and I are going this time!) and then a 5 day trip to Cleveland, OH for some kind of conference or something.  Unfortunately we cannot afford for everyone to go to OH, but when he comes home from that he will be DONE.  I hope. =)

I am so thankful that our little family is complete again!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I loved it when Dave would surprise me like that :) Great Story!!!


Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.