Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First day of "school"

Source: via Grace on Pinterest



Today was Zoe's first day of pre-preschool.  When Walmart had their Back-To-School stuff out a few months ago I couldn't help but wander the aisles and look at all the school books, crayons, backpacks, etc.  I bought a preschool book for Zoe and a new set of crayons that are specifically for "school."

So here is how the first day went:

When 10:00 rolled around I stopped everything I was doing and we went to "school."  Her preschool book has 10 different subjects for her to work on; colors, shapes, patterns, pre-writing, letters and sounds, beginning writing, reading readiness, early math, science, and social studies.

She did very well with the colors, shapes, and patterns.  The other subjects are probably still a little over her head.  We did a page in each subject anyway and if she gets it, great!  If not.. there's always next year!  She's only 2 for Pete's sake.

We took a few minutes to color some pictures together, and then we moved on to flash cards.

These are flash cards that were passed down to her from her older cousins (thank you!).  She really enjoys them and I am surprised at what she actually knows.  Her favorite ones are the picture words flash cards.  If anything it is tripling her vocabulary!  It's amazing.

I was only able to keep her attention for an hour, but I am thrilled we lasted that long! =D  I don't want to burn her out before she's really old enough to go to school.  But I know I need to be better at teaching her colors, shapes, letters, and numbers.

So this was our first day of school!  I need to revamp my whole schedule (again) to make sure chores still get done as well as my work.  It's so me to add more to my own plate. =)  But I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.