Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Being in Bozeman for two weeks was so. much. fun!  It felt great to go on a "vacation" and just relax for awhile.













While in Bozeman Zoe had to sleep in a big bed for the first time in her life.  She has always slept in her crib or in the pack-n-play with Max.  Well, we soon figured out they were getting too big to share a bed together, so Zoe slept all by herself.  As you can see from the picture above, she was pretty nervous in the beginning!  After Mommy laid with her and talked about how exciting it was to sleep in a big bed, and after a little sip of apple juice, oh, and after turning the bathroom light on, she was good to go!  I remember her saying in a shaky voice, "Mommy, you sleep over there?" I said, "Yes baby, Mommy is sleeping right here."  She said ok, rolled over, and I could tell she was asleep in a matter of minutes.  I'm so proud of her!

We had to spend some time in the hotel room because I needed to work, but when I was not working I tried to take the kids out on the town and explore.  We FINALLY found a park and the kids LOVED it!  Max got to swing for the first time and he chuckled the whole time.  Zoe got a kick out of seeing him swing with her too.  Zoe also claimed that the whole playground was "me house" which means.. her house. =D  Everything has turned into her house lately.  It's adorable!

When we did have to spend time in the room I made sure to play with them with their toys, or we even did some finger paints!  One of Bubba's birthday presents. =)  Don't worry, I'll post about his birthday too!  But that will have to be a completely seperate post.

When Paul was off work for the weekend we made sure to go to some museums AND a corn maze!  It was so much fun to spend time together as a family!  I loved every minute of it!

Now we're home and back to the daily grind.  Kind of. =D  We came home to find a horrible bee situation!  My kitchen alone is covered in hundreds of dead bees.  There are dead bees everywhere in the house.. it's disgusting!  Yesterday in the morning/early afternoon I didn't notice any live bees in my house so I figured it was cool enough that they were gone for good.  Unfortunately that was wishful thinking. =(  By the afternoon we had 80 degree weather and there were multiple live bees in my house!  The kids and I spent the afternoon at Gram & Papa's house.

So this morning, while it is cool, I plan on getting things done around the house and trying to get organized since being gone for so long.  By this afternoon, though, I'm packing the kids up and leaving.  Max has been stung once already this year and that is one time too many for me!  I will be buying junk from Walmart to try and stop this madness.


While over at my inlaw's house we made a homemade pumpkin spice latte!  Literally everything was homemade -- even the whipped cream on top!  It was so amazingly delicious that I want another one this morning!  I had to tide myself over with a pumpkin pie poptart.  Haha!  Not the same.  I will definitely have to keep the ingredients on hand at my house, though.  I have a feeling I'm going to gain weight this fall/winter with this drink...

It is nearly 10:30 and my kids FINALLY woke up!  It's time to greet them with kisses and a poptart! =)  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.