Friday, August 10, 2012

This and that.






We were able to get a sneak peek at our third beautiful little baby.  By looking at his profile we wonder if he will look like Max -- with Zoe's forehead.  We will know for sure soon!  Watching him move and kick on the screen made my heart yearn to hold him and give him snuggles!  Since Zoe has a nickname for Max (Bubba) we asked what the baby's name was.  She has been calling him Bobo.  Paul doesn't care for the nickname, but I think it's adorable!  We'll see if it sticks after he's born.

I look at the pictures I took of Zoe and Max yesterday (above) and I just melt!  I am so thankful God has blessed Paul and I with two amazing children so far.  I could not have asked for a better life!



I almost forgot to tell you about some changes in our house!  Since Zoe is now 2 I decided it's time for some chores.  Some may think she is way too young and I'm not being fair, but I want to raise Zoe and Max to be responsible kids (and adults!).  Also, Zoe LOVES doing her chores!  We go through the house together and follow our chore chart and make a game out of it.  She gets so excited when I congratulate her for being able to check things off the list.  By making it a game she does not begrudge having to put away her toys or help with the laundry.  She loves being a helper.  It takes a lot of patience on my part, but I know that one day she will be able to do it on her own and I'll miss the days when she needed my help.  I'm sappy sentimental like that.

What kind of chores do your kids have?

P.S. Thank you to everyone who commented about Zoe's birthday party!  You all are great! =)  I'm glad so many enjoyed my pictures!  Wish you could have been there!

6 comments:

  1. So sweet! I really enjoyed feeding / snuggle time with Max today. SO fun! Thanks for sharring :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, I am so glad you enjoyed your time with Max! He adores you!

      Delete
    2. I got ANOTHER snuggle day today at church! What a lucky girl I am ;)

      Delete
  2. Jeremiah has started to do some chores. He is doing great. We give a little money and are trying to teach him him responsibility around the house and to be responsible with his money. It is working great so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell Zoe that you pay Jeremiah! I am so not ready to start giving allowances. =D

      Delete
    2. Ya, know Grace, even a dime or nickel can go a long way when you are 2 ;)

      Delete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.