Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thanks, Jim Henson!




I stumbled upon this quote yesterday and it's been in the back of my mind ever since.  I love it so much I plan on framing it and putting it somewhere in my house so I see it everyday!

Not long after I read this quote Zoe did something I told her not to (at least a hundred times) that ended with broken glass all over the floor and couch.  Immediately I felt anger rise up within me and I wanted to yell -- but then it hit me.

That is what Jim Henson was talking about.

If all Zoe and Max saw me do was yell, what is that teaching them?

The way we live has a bigger impact on our children than we even realize.

I'm so thankful for these reminders.

I want my kids to know -- because they SEE -- that their parents rely on the Lord for everything.

I want my kids to know -- because they SEE -- that their parents are genuinely happy because we constantly smile, laugh, and talk positively.

I want my kids to know -- because they SEE -- that their parents love them unconditionally because we give lots of hugs, lots of kisses, we take the time to read books, watch movies, or simply play the games that they love.

It's time to show my kids how to live -- not try to teach them with words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.