Tuesday, January 3, 2012

This is the start of something good


::The Start of Something Good::
(Yes, that is a song from High School Musical)

Paul will be graduating this May with two Bachelors under his belt.  If I could be completely honest, I wasn't too thrilled with Paul going to college after we got married.  I especially didn't like it when it meant him going to college in Havre, MT which meant me moving away from my family.

I wont deny that I moved here with bitterness in my heart and it took me a long while to get over my "issues" and openly admit that I knew God wanted us here for many, many reasons.  Though I miss my family dearly, I hope they admire Paul and I for being the workers we need to be for the Lord.

While Paul has been in college we had a family.  There were a few times Paul considered dropping out because we didn't know how we could afford a family on the income we were bringing in.  But there was NO WAY I was going to let him do that -- and deep down I knew he knew he needed to keep on working hard in school.  We knew our sacrifices would pay off one day.

Paul will be starting his last semester this Wednesday.  This will probably be his hardest semester so, if you think about him, please keep him in your prayers that God will help him in his classes.  I will be having a hard time myself this semester because I don't know how much I will see of him since he will literally be gone ALL DAY either at work or at school, but I know that May will come sooner then I think and then it will be all over..

Though our sacrifices haven't quite paid off yet, I know it's coming sooner rather than later.  God is so good to provide for our needs and I'm so thankful for everything He has done for Paul and I already in the nearly 4 years we've been married!

I feel like God has been speaking to my heart a lot lately.  After lots of prayer, planning, trying to back out, and more prayer, I have decided to host a ladies prayer group in my home every Friday at 6:00 pm.  I'm excited to see what God has in store for the women of Havre!

There will be so much more that happens in the year of 2012, I know it, but these are the two most exciting ones as of right now.

Happy New Year to everyone! Can't wait to hear about the blessings God bestows upon you and your families!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Grace! I'm excited to hear how God uses you through this prayer group. Being obedient to God brings the greatest blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.