Saturday, December 24, 2011

Where I've been

In case anyone was wondering why I haven't been posting lately it's because I've been busy..

Leaving on a jet plane to see my parents!
This was Zoe's second time on an airplane and Max's first.  They both did extremely well considering our flight was over an hour late.

We arrived a few days before my Dad and brothers got home from their revivals in Arkansas, so we spent some time with MY Papa -- Zoe and Max's Great Pops.

Zoe was a little shy at first, but it didn't take long for her to warm up to people -- especially her Uncle Tommy!  They were great buds, and as you can see by this picture, he was very kind to share every popsicle with her.

Grandma Bunny -- Zoe and Max's great-great grandmother -- enjoyed some snuggle time with Max every once in awhile.  Zoe was a little harder to catch so she just watched her toddle around. =)

When Dad and the boys finally got home we all met them on the driveway.  They arrived 45 minutes early and we were VERY excited!  This is my Dad's first time meeting his grandson.  I'm not ashamed to say I cried in my heart when he finally got to hold him.

The boys were excited to meet him as well.  They love to "look" just like him.

While there we enjoyed an early Christmas and exchanged gifts amongst ourselves.  Max was very excited, can you tell?

Zoe, on the other hand, really WAS excited!  She got a lot of great things.  Here she is showing off her new Elmo book and washcloth -- just add water!

Max "opening" his washcloth.

After Christmas #1 we all headed to the park to take family pictures.  It was a lot of fun!  We all laughed extremely hard at Tommy and Dad trying to backflip off the swing.  Let's just say that heights got the best of them. =)

Here are some pictures I was able to take with my phone.

Here are the boys!

And the girls!

We couldn't have Christmas without Momma's sugar cookies.  As you can see, Uncle Jake and Zoe helped with the frosting.

Zoe playing at the park!

We also enjoyed Glendale Glitters one night.  It was a lot of fun -- though the locals were freezing.  Hee hee!


I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed being home with my family around the holiday season.  I'm thankful they were able to be apart of some of their grandkid's new Christmas experiences.  Maybe one day we will actually be there on Christmas DAY!  A girl can dream..

Today is Christmas Eve.  I have a house to get ready, cookies to frost, pies to bake, presents to wrap, nativity scenes to cut out..  I better go!

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas..

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you, that got to go visit them. I know they where pretty excited about it when they where here. Love the all the pictures. You are one brave lady flying with two little ones. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.