Thursday, December 29, 2011

If you don't have something nice to say..

Or you simply don't have anything to say AT ALL ... then maybe you shouldn't be writing a post, huh?

I am completely lost on what to talk about on here.

We had a GREAT Christmas!  Paul and I spent Christmas morning with our children.  It was a lot of fun watching Zoe open her gifts -- and to watch Max's eyes get big when we would show him what he got.

Afterward we spend the day with Paul's side of the family opening gifts, eating tons of food, and playing games.  It was a very nice day.

The holidays are over and a brand new year is literally days away.  Any new year's resolutions?

I can't say that I have any resolutions this year, but I always have a list of things to try and accomplish everyday and every year.

  • Continue to draw closer to the Lord.  Everyday I try my best to keep God first in everything I say and do.  It's a work in progress, but I try to always read my Bible and/or devotions in the morning before doing anything else.  When I accomplish this task I realize I am slow(er) to anger, more patient, and simply happier and at peace with my life and what I'm doing throughout the day.
  • Live in a more organized home.  Just like my morning devotions, this is a work in progress EVERY DAY.  When I was still living at home, and single, I was amazingly organized.  Now that I'm married and have children that quality has KINDA been thrown out the window.  I try so hard everyday to be clean and organized.  I hope and pray that one day my organization will kick in (again) and it will be easier for me.
  • Be healthy.  Since Paul and I are taking a break from having kids for a little while, I would love to lose weight and be what I used to be.  I'm already on the right track and I feel great!  I was given Zumba for Wii and I know that will most definitely help me continue to lose weight and feel better about myself - not to mention I will probably learn some awesome dance moves!
  • Spend time with my growing family.  I didn't have kids so someone else could take care of them.  As soon as I was pregnant with Zoe I started daydreaming of all the wonderful things we could do together!  Now that I have two, that means double the fun for Paul and I!  I anticipate this upcoming year to bring lots of fun memories with our kids.  Taking walks in our neighborhood, lunches at the park, walking to Story Time, spending the day in the mountains, at a lake, or even in Great Falls.  Not to mention the fun things we can do around our house - crafts, playing outside, coloring, etc.  I can't wait!
  • Pick up a hobby.  I never learned how to knit, crochet, sew, or anything crafty like that.  So I plan on learning some stuff soon!  I have a sewing machine and I can't wait to try it out!
Do you have a wish list?  I'd love to read about it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace...I think this is my first comment and a promise not to be my last...what a cute blog you have and I love all the graphics. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.