Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Family Time

Every week I push myself hard when it comes to my job on the computer.  From the time I get up in the morning, to the time I make dinner, and then after dinner till I go to bed it seems like I'm glued to my seat in front of this blaring screen.

Zoe walked over to me and laid her head on my lap and patted my leg.  For some reason when she did that it was like a lightbulb turned on in my mind.  I was neglecting family time.

So I pushed away from the computer and played with my kids.




We listened to Dad play his guitar, watched Sesame Street, danced to music, Zoe took a bubble bath with her duckies, watched the snow fall outside, cleaned out Zoe's bedroom, cuddled Max, laughed till we cried at the dinner table.  It was the most fulfilling day I've had in a long time.  I feel like I accomplished more yesterday despite not working at my job from dusk till dawn.

When I put the babies to bed at night, I worked while Paul did his homework, and I am ahead for the week.  What do you know?  When you prioritize, everything falls into place.

Now, if you will excuse me, Zoe is going to help me organize the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.