Tuesday, August 16, 2011

An update on the Alexander clan

It's very rare to get a shot of Paul and I together.  I don't know why, but if anyone is getting their picture taken, it's Zoe. :)  So here's the most recent shot of Paul and I.. being ourselves.  Ha!

Ok, let me think about what all has happened since I last blogged.  This could turn out to be a novel!  Bear with me..

Paulywog
It seems like Paul has been a workaholic since we've been home from our trip.  Not because he wants to, though we don't complain when the paycheck comes.  Classes start up the 29th or 30th of this month and I think he's looking forward to it a little bit..  Some of the classes sound hard, but I hope the others make up for that.

Paul has been contemplating cutting his golden locks for awhile now.  He informed me a couple days ago that he couldn't decide what he wanted to do, so he flipped a coin.  The coin says to keep the longer hair and not get a haircut.  "Plus, what if Zoe didn't recognize me?" he says.  What a goofball!

ME
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday.  After waiting 2 hours Dr. Lien finally came in, checked me for group B, she said I was 3 cm dilated, but my cervix still thick.  Not what I wanted to hear.  Especially since she bumped me up two weeks!  So instead of being 34 weeks pregnant I am now 36 weeks.

Zoe was born at 37 weeks.

I'm not saying our little boy will be born next week, but it's definitely going to happen soon!  All I can say is.. THANK YOU JESUS!!  I am so ready for our son to be here.  I can't wait to kiss his face, count his fingers and toes, watch Zoe interract with him, etc.

Oh, and we have decided on a name..

Maximus Kirby Alexander

Isn't that awesome?  If you haven't figured it out yet, Paul and I try to go for names that are not common.  Though I met a dozen Zoes after Zoe was born!  We like different, unique names.  Plus we just love how Zoe and Max fit together.  Isn't that the cutest?!  Don't tell me if you think it's too weird.  I don't want to hear it. :)

It's too bad the name is already kind of long.  I wanted to name him Maximus Colin Kirby.. after both of our dads.. but my Dad will have to wait till the next boy.  I'm sure he understands. :)

Zoebelle
Zoe has 2 bottom teeth that are more visible when she talks, and I love seeing them!  She is so adorable when she tells her "stories" using her hand gestures and being so serious!  She still does the army crawl.  Paul says he's seen her actually crawl, but I haven't seen it yet.  Apparently she thinks army crawling is faster.  But, she has been walking around the coffee table, couches, dining room chairs, etc.  I hope she walks soon!  And talks.  She needs to learn more words other than "da-da" and "mom-mom-mom-mom."

Well, there is so much more stuff I could talk about, but it's getting late and Paul wants to watch Mars Needs Moms tonight. :)  Have a wonderful night!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I tried commenting on my snazy new phone, but it must not have worked. ANYWAY, I love how the names Max and Zoe go together. It's cute. :) It's crazy to think about you having another baby! Babies, are a blessing from the Lord himself, so I'm thrilled for you! Anyhows, I hope labor and delivery go fast and smooth for you! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.