Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hide the guns!

My mother informed me that she and Paul hid the guns from me this morning.  I'm getting a little impatient since this is the longest I have ever been pregnant in my life -- I had Zoe at 37 weeks.  I am currently 38 weeks and 3 days with Max -- and miserable.

This morning I at around 5:30 I had some consistent contractions that were getting strong enough that I had to tell Paul to be quiet because I wasn't finding his jokes very funny.  Unfortunately the contractions stopped, though, and I was left feeling depressed.  ::ugh::  Being spoiled with your first pregnancy makes all other pregnancies seem extra miserable!

I think I have just about given up on my son.  I will continue to walk and do things that will help induce labor, but for the most part I am not getting my hopes up anymore.  When it happens, it happens.  Until then I will try and take a chill pill and enjoy my family that has come up to see me from Arizona. =)

If you think about it, though, I wouldn't mind the prayers.  Prayer for sanity AND for Max to come soon. =)

1 comment:

  1. Lung maturity in the fetus releases a hormone that induces labor, boys lungs mature much slower then girls do. It stinks but it's just how it's done. Rest assured knowing you CAN'T be pregnant forever and he WILL come out! I know how miserable those last days are though, so big hugs and lots of ready baby vibes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.