Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Doctor's appointment

*This post may be a little too much information for the male gender.. so skip on over if you please. =)

This was my very first appointment I ever went to alone.  It was so weird to not have Paul or either of the moms there to talk to.  Also, because Paul nor the moms were able to be there with me, little Zoe got to spend some time with her uncle Caleb and aunt Mandie!

I was pretty nervous that I would get bored waiting for my doctor to arrive -- I have waited 2 hours for her before -- so I brought along a book to keep me company.  I didn't even have time to finish a text message and crack open the book before Dr. Lien came in!  What a relief!

Dr. Lien went to check me and I could already tell that things were different down there.  She said I was dilated to 3, but it was pretty roomy so I wonder if I was closer to 4?  Also, my cervix has thinned out quite a bit since last week -- oh, and my mucous plug is GONE!

I asked Dr. Lien when she expected Max to come, and she said she expects to see me go into labor in about 7-10 days, though she's leaning more towards it being 10 days.  Oh. My. Word.  I think Paul is feeling overwhelmed now since we don't have anything done, but I am super stoked!  I can't wait to see our son.  It's going to be soon now!

Sorry it took so long for me to post this.  I have been super busy.  But there you have it!  Exciting, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Can't wait to hear when he has finally arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! You're almost gunna have a beautiful baby! Congrats. I don't have any babies of my own but I could imagine you and your hubs are over the moon right now.
    awesomely-awkward.com

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.