Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daycare Orientation

This was the busiest day I have had since Zoe has been born.  Wowzers.

I had to make myself wake up early since I had a WIC appointment at 8:30 in the morning.  Getting up was super hard since little miss Zoe didn't fall asleep till close to 1:00 a.m.  I got up and took a hot.hot.hot shower to feel awake enough to do anything.  I got Zoe and myself ready and we dropped Paul off before heading to our appointment.

I had an hour to spend at the WIC office before I had to run to the daycare orientation.  We were there for an hour and 15 minutes.  Yikes.  But this is what I found out!

1) Zoe has gained a lb. and an inch since birth!  My girl is now 8 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long.  The lady was very impressed since they hope to see babies Zoe's age gain their regular weight back by this time.  What a girl!

2) The lady was "concerned" with my rapid weight loss.  I have lost all of my birth weight + 5 extra lbs.  I did my best not to laugh at her.  I wanted to say, "You should be doing a victory dance for me! How many women do you know lose all of their baby weight and then some in just 3 weeks after birth?!"  So she gave me a brief lecture of making sure I eat enough calories for the baby and myself.  Whatever lady. ;)  I'm doing awesome, thank you.

3) My iron is great but I still need to watch my blood sugar.  It drops sometimes leaving me feeling weak and dizzy.  No bueno!  So, obviously, I need to make sure I eat something.

That's about it for the WIC appointment.  When I was FINALLY finished I raced to HRDC for daycare orientation.  I was only a few minutes late.  Nice!  Orientation was from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and it was kind of on the long side.  Not gonna lie!  But Zoe and I got through it and I came back with a lot of paperwork to read.

There were 3 firemen that came to show us how to use a fire extinguisher.  Let's just say that they loved Zoe and the captain even asked to hold her while I practiced how to use the extinguisher.  I wanted to take a picture so bad but soon after they had to race out on an emergency.  Exciting!

After orientation was finally over I realized that I hadn't eaten.  I wonder what the WIC lady would say to that?  Zoe was starting to get hungry so I stopped by the family's house that way I could visit while nursing, eat some watermelon, pick up Noelle and then head to Earl's house to clean.

On my way I called Earl but he didn't answer for some reason..  I turned on his street and noticed it was blocked.  Ok.. ??  So I decided to go around the other way!  Blocked again.  So I called again and got ahold of Earl.  Thankfully he answered and I told him my situation.  I love that man.  He was very laid back about it and said he understood (he had no idea he was even blocked!) and that I could try again next week.

When I finally got all of my "responsibilities" out of the way my cousin friend and I headed to the mall for some girl time- and coffee!

By the way, the coffee didn't do what it was supposed to.  I'm still on the verge of falling over from exhaustion.

That didn't stop me from heading to Youth Night or what I'm currently doing- playing games with the fam.  What a sacrifice. ;)

Vote for Zoe!♥

2 comments:

  1. happy to hear you lost the baby weight + but girl you need to slow it down, you need to eat before you collapse or something worse. And NO coffee doesnt count! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed-- yes, it's good to loose the baby weight, but be careful. Zoe is only a few weeks old and your body is still adjusting. It's been through radical changes in the last month and push it farther could lead to serious health problems for you AND Zoe down the road. Give it a few months before you start trying to lose MORE weight, otherwise you could be stealing the very calories that go to make milk for Zoe, essentially taking food right out of your baby's mouth. It's a sobering thought, but a true one. Take it from someone who has been there.

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.