Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reaching a milestone

Last night when Paul and I [finally] went to bed I had nonchalantly said that his baby was moving. He put his hand on my stomach and I moved it to where the action was- not sure if he'd even feel anything, but just in case..

I think the baby thought about having stage fright because the movement stopped, but Paul kept his hand on my tummy a while longer..

I felt so disappointed because I really wanted him to feel his baby move! I feel it all the time and I wanted Paul to "connect" with his little one.

Then, all of a sudden, I felt a kick!

Paul said, "No way.."

"Did you feel that babe?!"

"I think I did!"

Talk about an exciting time! Even though we were in the dark I knew Paul had the biggest smile on his face ever. I could hear it. :)

I feel like with that one tiny, itty bitty kick we have reached another milestone in this pregnancy- and in our marriage. Not only did we bond with this little guy/girl, but we reached just another level of love for each other- because this is something that WE created.

I was talking to some random nurse this morning and we somehow got on the subject of pregnancy and childbirth. I felt so encouraged by this woman because she sounded so much like my mom! I got the I-am-woman-hear-me-roar vibe from her when she talked about how natural it is to have children- because God made us that way.

I don't feel nervous about the labor- though I realize it's going to be absolutely painful and that previous love I was talking about with Paul may not seem so bright, but it was still nice to have someone "boost my confidence."

No turning back now. :) Not that I would ever want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.