Saturday, March 20, 2010

Appendicitis or a super stretched uterus?

The night before last I woke up in the middle of the night with pain in my right side. I didn’t know what it was, but I immediately asked Paul to help pray for me. I woke up a few more times during the night but was too tired to care.

When I woke up in the morning the pain was still there. I hoped it was gas.. it wasn’t gas. I texted my mom asking her to pray for me, even though I wasn’t sure she was up yet. Thankfully she was and started asking me questions- the pain is only on the right side? do you feel nauseated? do you have a fever? etc.

Pretty much we all wondered if I was having appendicitis. I continued to pray that God would touch me, and then when I knew my doctor’s office was open I called in asking what they thought it was.

The first nurse was younger and pretty much made it sound like I was having appendicitis and I was going to die. I got off the phone and felt crushed. Immediately I started asking God for guidance.

Thankfully about a minute later Dr. Lien’s head nurse called me back and asked me a few questions about my symptoms and then asked, “Is this your first baby?” When I answered yes it was going to be my first she then told me what I was experiencing..

Most pregnant women feel side pains that they think may be appendicitis, but it is actually your uterus stretching too fast. The pain can last just a second, or keep you up all night. She assured me that all was well and just to take it easy.

I felt sore most of the day. I didn’t feel very well at all. But today I feel a lot better. By the next pregnancy I’ll have a better idea of what’s going on I guess. :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember that pain. I called Teresa scared to death and she told me just what the nurse told you. Teresa just said take it easy and it will get better. it did

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.