Friday, August 21, 2015

Week One Complete



It's hard to believe that our first week of school is already over. I don't know how the kids feel, but I thought it flew by! They did a wonderful job and had a lot of fun -- especially in art class. We made homemade play dough and got to finger paint using chocolate pudding. I know, I know, I'm a cool mom. 

Zoe is slowly sounding out small words and is surprising herself! Zoe and Max both told me they want to be astronauts so we remind them almost daily that they have to do great in school so they can. I want them to reach for the stars and feel like they can be anything they want to be...but I might have an anxiety attack if they really do become astronauts. I have a slight fear of the outer space (it's so big!) so thankfully I don't have to worry about this for a few years. 

Oh, we also say The Pledge of Allegiance before we start school every day and the kids almost have it memorized already! I wish I had their amazing memory. We also hold hands and form a circle to pray for our day. Even little Phebe holds hands and tries to close her eyes while we pray. I love it! 

I'm so thankful for this opportunity to teach my children! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.