Tuesday, August 18, 2015

School Days



We decided to start school a week early because Zoe was too excited to wait! After the first day I think she regretted being so excited. Maximus likes the idea of school, too, but hates the fact that he has to sit still. Sorry kids, you're stuck with this for the next 12 years -- not counting college. And you will be going to college! :-)

Zoe did have an art class today that all the kids get to participate in! I read the story of The Gingerbread Man and then we made homemade play dough! They are busy making their own little gingerbread men, motorcycles, monsters, balls, snakes, etc. I didn't realize how easy it was to make play dough! Why do I buy the stinky stuff from the store?! Never again. 

So far it seems to take Zoe 2-3 hours to get all of her subjects done. I'm really proud of her! It takes Max about half an hour since he only has two subjects. I'm not pushing him since he's still pretty young, but when he applies himself he does very well and is so smart! 

I know this is only the second day and we will have days where we really just don't want to do school and we need to push through, but I'm really thankful that it's going well so far. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to teach my kids and watch them grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.