Friday, August 7, 2015

First Day of School



I can't believe school is starting in two weeks. Where did our summer go? It flew by way too fast and I am not ready for it to come to a close. To be perfectly honest, I wanted to do so many things this summer -- plant a garden, go on a family vacation, go camping at least once, ride bikes with the kids... but life has different plans I guess. Maybe next year we will be able to do what all we wanted to do. 

Zoe is 5 years old and is officially enrolled in Christian Liberty Academy. Though we are going to homeschool our children, they will be enrolled so their records stay in one place and they will also receive report cards! How exciting is that! For a homeschool kid that's a big deal. 

The school curriculum came the other day and I looked over the books real quick. I am slightly freaking out and praying that God helps me as I teach her, and I'm also really excited for Zoe! She's going to learn how to read. What? My baby is old enough to learn how to read! I can't believe this is really happening. 

On Monday I will go through all of her books and schedule out all of her lessons for the school year.We  also need to go shopping for school supplies! How fun! Oh, and I also have to shop for certain supplies to make sure I have everything Zoe needs for her art class. The kid has an art class!! AH!!

I'm also planning on buying some school books from the dollar store for Max and Titus for when they want to do school with Zoe. If they want to sit down and work on some pages, great! If not then I hope they will play outside or watch an educational show and let Zoe and I focus on what needs to get done on a daily basis. 

As much as I am sad that summer is quickly going away, I am looking forward to watching Zoe grow and learn new things in kindergarten. I hope and pray we have a bond after the school year is over, that we will thrive together and she will listen to me as I teach and that I will also listen to her and all of her questions. That thought right there gave me a little anxiety considering she is a talker like her mom...but God will give me strength! 

I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach my children from home. I don't want to miss a moment with my children. This is going to be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.