Friday, June 19, 2015

Laughter is the Best Medicine

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22



My kids.  They make me laugh daily.  I probably annoy people by filling their Facebook walls with my stories of what my kids said or did "this time."   But I don't care!  I can't help but share my joy with others!

God has a way of using children to bless others when it is needed the most.  I was feeling really stressed the other day when my two-year-old ran into the room.  I couldn't help but laugh at my little superhero as he saved my day!  My worries melted away as I laughed at his costume and gave my little man a big hug and kiss. 

God has been giving me a lot of great gems about motherhood lately.

Goodies like:

Bad moments don't make bad mamas!

Or this one:

Feelings are indicators not dictators.

Little reminders that motherhood is overwhelming.  Sometimes we lose our cool, we mess up, we blow our tops.  So I started writing myself little notes and posted them by my desk.  The next time I feel overwhelmed and like I'm losing control, I look at my notes and read every. single. one.

Find the joy treasure.

When I feel myself falling into a pity party, I tell myself to find a joy treasure.  Something that happened during the day that made me really happy.  Maybe it was my quiet time with the Lord before the kids woke up, or maybe one of the kids said something really funny that made me laugh.  I find something that gave me joy and I dwell on that till the woe-is-me attitude goes away.  I even started a little tradition that my kids love to do at the dinner table!  We make a point of asking each individual what their favorite part of the day was.  The kids never forget and they make sure to ask every night. 

A merry heart is like a medicine.  Laughter warms you from the inside out.  Our bones are definitely not drying up around here with these kids!   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.