Saturday, January 24, 2015

The first day of the rest of my life

"Mom, why are you so wet?"

I attempted to do a new workout I found online and lasted 10 minutes before I collapsed. I was drenched in sweat and trying to get as much air as I possibly could into my lungs. That's when Zoe gave me a hug. And wondered why I was so "wet." 

I am so out of shape. 

This is what I get for not exercising for the past five years while having babies. Why in the world did I think it was a good idea to take a break?! If there are any pregnant women out there reading this, please do not, I repeat, DO NOT take a break from exercising. You will regret it just like me. 

I am officially done having children so I don't have any more excuses. I am doing my best to drink 100 oz. of water a day and I'm hoping and praying to lose 50 lbs. yes...I really need to lose 50 lbs. 

Some may be reading this thinking why is she posting something so personal? I will admit that it is hard for me to do this. I have written posts like this before and deleted them because I chickened out. I don't want anyone to see me so vulnerable. But here I am. The time has come. This is my journey. 

One day I am going to look back on these posts and I hope to read them and feel pride in how far I have come. I also hope these posts are encouraging to you too -- whether you are trying to lose weight as well or for another reason. 

Today I may have only lasted 10 minutes before I nearly died of a heart attack, but I will do it again tomorrow. Maybe I will last 11 minutes before I fall over. Slow progress is still progress. I have to remind myself of that almost daily. 

So this is the first day of the rest of my life. No matter putting it off till next Monday, or after so-and-so's birthday, or right after I eat this last whatever. If I don't start now I may never start. 

So...here we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.