Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The most wonderful time of the year!

I used to think Christmas was the best thing ever as a kid...it turns out having kids on Christmas is even better! 


We have been slowly getting the house decorated, baking sugar cookies, writing letters to Santa! The kids are so excited. I can't help but smile whenever I watch them. 


I found this pretty little Christmas mailbox at the dollar store and decided I needed to start a new tradition with my kids. I asked each kid what they wanted for Christmas using their favorite color and then I let them sign their names at the bottom of their letters with their age. Once they were tucked in for the night "Santa" came to check the mailbox and left a little present behind for them in the morning. I plan on saving the letters in my file so I can look back and see their interests change, their favorite colors change, their handwriting slowly improve over time... I just love traditions when it comes to my own kids! 

Paul and Zoe desperately wanted a real Christmas tree this year. Who doesn't? They're so beautiful and smell amazing. There's a guy who is selling beautiful trees on a street corner and we found our perfect little Charlie Brown tree for our little home. 

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.