Friday, December 19, 2014

Life Lessons for Mommy #1: There is Power in the Name of Jesus

Today was a rough day. This mom got very little sleep because one of my children (his name starts with M and ends with aximus) decided to stay up all night long. I am used to Max waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares, but last night was a different story. He decided to stay up and try to raid the fridge, climb on the chairs to get on the table or get into the cupboards -- who knows what all he had planned. I put him to bed multiple times getting more and more frustrated. Before I knew it 8:00 am was here and I had to get out of bed. 

For most of the day I felt sorry for myself. I am tired, I'm stressed about not getting my packages sent yet, my hair dryer broke and my hair looks awful because of it, I have the complexion of a teenager, things didn't go my way, the kids are emotional which means I'm emotional... boo.hoo.hoo.  

I decided I had enough. I went to my kitchen and I started to clean while listening to old Focus on the Family broadcasts. Once one would end I would start another. After a couple broadcasts I wanted to quit. At least it looked better than it did even though I didn't finish... But I couldn't stop. I kept cleaning, washing sweeping. 


It's not very often that my sink is empty and all the dishes put away! It's a Christmas miracle! :-) It obviously doesn't happen enough if I think it's picture worthy. 

When it was dinner time I went to get the brand new hug of apple juice out of the fridge for the kids. For some reason I could not open the lid. I tried, and tried, and tried. I wanted to give up, but after listening to one of the Focus on the Family broadcasts I decided I could use this moment as a lesson for my kids. As I was holding the jug of Apple juice I told the kids we needed to pray and ask God to help me open it. All I got out was, "Dear Jesus..." And it opened with very little effort. The kids and I got so excited about God answering our little prayer.

Sometimes we need little reminders of how amazing God is. 

There's a song that we sing in church that says there is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain. I love to pray to God and just talk His ear off sometimes. But then there's other times when all you need to do is whisper His name...His beautiful, powerful name that can answer your prayers, take away the pain, calm the nerves, soothe the soul. 

After I poured every one a drink I just stood there and thought about the lesson God gave me for the day. We all have hard days. Kids will be kids. Things happen or don't happen. But if I just take the time to whisper Jesus' name...the power that He can give me is amazing! 

Merry Christmas!
Gracie 

1 comment:

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.