Friday, October 3, 2014

Sisters



When my mom was pregnant with her fourth baby, I prayed every single day for a little sister. It's all I could think about! I hoped that God would hear my little prayers and answer them. One night my dad woke me up and said the baby was finally coming, and I saw my first little sister enter into the world. 

I love both of my sisters so much. It breaks my heart that we spent most of our childhood fighting instead of being best friends. But I'm so thankful for the technology we have that makes it easy to call, text, Skype, so we can still communicate on a daily basis. 

I was so excited when Paul and I found out we were having another little girl. I immediately started thinking about Zoe and Phebe being the best of friends, and even started praying that God would help me help them to not fight as much as I did with my siblings. 

Zoe is in love with her little sister. She asks to hold Phebe and they will sit with each other for quite awhile. Zoe loves to show Phebe her dolls, read her stories, tickle her little toes. It's a beautiful sight to see!

She doesn't realize it now, but Zoe and Phebe will have a bond that is stronger than any bond she may have with any of her other friends. Even when they may not get along, they will always have one another's back -- because that's what sisters do. That's what I love about my sisters and me. No one, and I mean no one, can mess with my sisters. Not without a tongue lashing from big sister. :-)

Sisters are a beautiful gift from God. Cherish every laugh, every hug, every tear that is shared with your sister. You should never feel lonely when you have such an angel by your side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.