Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

If you're wondering what happened to me, my blog was having technical difficulties and I wasn't really sure how to fix them.  To be honest, I almost gave up blogging all together because I didn't know if I could fix it on my own -- but I was determined to figure it out, and after downloading Google Chrome (I thought I already did...apparently not) all is right with the world again!

We had a wonderful Christmas with our little ones!  I didn't realize how much fun it was to watch kids around this season.  All three of them were so excited about everything from baking sugar cookies to opening presents.  It was wonderful.

Zoe, Maximus, Titus
Christmas 2013

I know this is only Day 2 of year 2014, but I have a feeling God has a lot in store for this year.  Many take this time of year to make a list of resolutions.  This year my deepest desire is that God will teach me to love the way He loves us.  That may seem simple, but it's not!

John 13:34 says, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

Do we show love by judging others by what they do, what they wear, or how they raise their children?  No.

Do we show love by filling everyone in on the latest gossip?  No.

Do we show love by comparing someone else's holiness to ours and thinking they're in the wrong because they did not reach our standards?  NO.

A verse that is so simple yet maybe one of the hardest ones for Christians to remember.  LOVE one another.

Are you up to the challenge?  It's very easy to criticize others, but as soon as you feel criticism creeping up -- because it will -- replace it with positive words.

Proverbs 17:22 says, " A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."

I don't know about you, but I want a merry heart -- and a merry heart shares loving, positive, encouraging words that do good like a medicine.

It's time to follow Jesus' commandment!  No more criticism!  No more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.