Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First day of school!

Edgar Howe said, "If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers."  I wonder what he thinks about homeschool families? Ha!
I spent most of the day yesterday getting everything together for Zoe's first day of preschool.  Each month we will focus on certain themes such as letters, numbers, shapes, colors, community helpers, animals, etc.  I found a website that has songs that teach little ones how to pronounce letters too!  I have been talking about school to Zoe all month, hoping she will get excited for learning, but every time she would roll her eyes and make me feel like I was silly for being so excited.  Sometimes I wonder if she's 13 instead of 3...
 
This morning when Zoe woke up I timidly asked if she was excited about doing school with Mommy today.  I was relieved to see her smile and shake her head yes!  Hallelujah! 
 
So I'm off to make breakfast and do chores around the house till 1:00 this afternoon.  I will put the boys down for a nap and then Zoe and I will do her schoolwork!  I love being a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.