Tuesday, August 20, 2013

30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me: # 12

Describe a typical day in your current life.
 
5:30 a.m.
The alarm is going off and I quickly scramble to find it tucked in my pillow somewhere so I can hit the snooze.
 
6:00 a.m.
Your Dad and I finally decide to get out of bed.  We can't push the snooze any longer.  I take a shower and put on a warm robe and head straight to the coffee.
 
6:45 a.m.
I kiss your Dad goodbye and then I read my Bible and devotions while drinking my yummy, hot coffee.  Once I'm finished my reading, I will check Facebook and my email.
 
7:30-8:00 a.m.
You guys wake up and want to snuggle.  We sit there for no more than 5 minutes before you realize you're "hunry" and want breakfast.  Right now you guys are on a PB&J phase, so each morning I tell you to wait till lunch and offer cereal or eggs and toast.
 
9:00 a.m.
You guys watch Elmo, Daniel Tiger, or Dinosaur Train for about an hour.
 
10:00 a.m.
I turn off the TV (you get mad with me every.single.time.) and say it's time to do chores!  At first you get excited and you make your bed like I make mine, then you help me collect all the dirty clothes.  After that you guys get bored and end up playing together -- which is fine with me. :-)
 
Every time I go to the bathroom to clean everyone finds me and asks what I'm doing.  I tell you the same thing everyday.  Just cleaning. :-)  You must be worried that I'm trying to use the bathroom ALONE.
 
11:30 a.m.
You can't handle it anymore.  You have to have PB&J for lunch now!  I will make you your sandwich with either chips or carrot sticks with ranch and you both get so excited.
 
12:30-1:00 p.m.
Max and Titus go down for a nap and Zoe stays up with Mommy -- because you're too big to take naps.  Ha!  Zoe sits on the couch while Mommy folds her laundry for the day.  Some days she "helps" and Mommy is very thankful..
 
This is normally Mommy's turn to watch something so Zoe will either watch too, or end up playing with her babies.
 
2:00-3:00 p.m.
Mommy lets Zoe watch one of her shows and she gets back to her chores.
 
The boys will wake up eventually and, if Mommy isn't done, they will watch shows too.
 
4:00 p.m.
Mommy is ready to get out of the house so we all walk down to the school playground.  Lately we bring Hurley to be our "protector."
 
5:00 p.m.
We walk home and Mom starts working on dinner.  Daddy should be home soon!
 
6:00-7:00 p.m.
We have dinner together as a family.  Some nights it is at the table...some nights it's while we watch a movie.  Shame.
 
You kids will play together till it's time to get ready for bed.  Even Titus will play!
 
8:00 p.m.
Bath time.  Brush teeth.  Read a story.  Sing songs.  Say prayers.  Hugs and kisses.
 
9:00 p.m.
Goodnight, sweet babies!
 
Mommy and Daddy finally get to watch their shows! Haha!
 
Next week Zoe will be starting preschool (at home) so our schedule will change again.  Just when we get into a routine something changes!  Zoe is excited, though, and I know she will do great in her schooling!  I am excited for the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.