Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21

 
One year ago today, on March 21, 2012, World Down Syndrome Day was established by the United Nations. One year later, still over 90% of children diagnosed with Down Syndrome are aborted.
 
When my brothers, sisters and I were younger, we loved going to McDonald's in Walmart.  But it wasn't neccessarily to eat there.  We loved getting hugs from Tina.  She was a lady who had Down Syndrome that cleared the tables and mopped the floors.  When she saw us running she would drop andything and everything she had in her hands and give each of us the biggest, warmest, most loving hugs.  You immediately felt better after receiving one of Tina's famous hugs.
 
We never had heart-to-heart talks with Tina, actually, I don't think we talked at all.  We just got hugs and shared I love you's.  But I know I speak for all of my siblings when I say that we will remember Tina for the rest of our lives because of those hugs!
 
When I grow up, I want to give hugs like Tina and make them feel loved and special.

2 comments:

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.