Monday, April 30, 2012

Daddy's Girl


This past weekend Zoe has turned into a complete Daddy's girl.  On Saturday evening I told her I was going to turn off Sesame Street and play music till Daddy got home.  Her eyes lit up and she said, "Dada!" and climbed up on the couch as fast as she could to watch him come home.  Within a few minutes he came home and she was very, very excited.

They have been glued at the hip all weekend.  She calls his name all the time to make sure he is close by.  When we're in the car, she doesn't call my name anymore to tell me funny stories -- she calls her Daddy.

I have a feeling this week is going to be pretty hard for her since Daddy will be leaving before she wakes up and will most likely be gone till late at night due to working and finals.  This morning when Zoe woke up she immediately called for her Daddy.  I went and got her and she immediately wanted to go to our bed.  I brought her in there, and she started moving the covers around looking for "Dada."  I did my best to explain that Daddy went bye bye already, but as soon as I said he was gone she put her hands to her face and started crying.  How can you not cry along with the poor soul?!

I cannot wait for this weekend to be over!  I'm so thankful Paul is finally at the end!  I look forward to finally having a chance to spend some quality family time with one another.  I think Zoe would appreciate that too. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.