Thursday, June 9, 2011

Well that was fun!

I forgot to let you all know ahead of time, but this past week Paul and I went to our very first Family Camp with our little family.  Actually, it was our first long road trip with Zoe so we were a little nervous as to how she would do.  But we packed her plenty of baby snacks, toys, and Jack Johnson.  Which reminds me, I need to get more of his albums because the two I have are now really, really, really old to me..

Zoe did great being cooped up in her carseat for 9+ hours.  She talked to herself or slept the entire way.  The only time she fussed was when she was hungry or poopy.  By the time we actually got to the lodge, though, she was very happy to be out of the car -- just like the rest of us.

I wish I would have taken more pictures than I did.  Zoe was the most popular baby I have ever seen.  Everyone loved holding her -- young and old.  She now has lots of best friends, adopted grandparents, and little boyfriends.  It's great!

During the whole week Zoe was so good and didn't cry -- except for one time.. I took her food away. =\  Everyone made sure to let me know that she was amazingly good for her age.  I am so thankful.  I don't know what I did to deserve it, but THANK YOU GOD!!!

Here are some pictures I took..  Of course they are not in order (thanks a heap you lame computer).


Zoe and I "under water" off the side of the Enchanted Highway in South Dakota.

Paul got attacked by a female pheasant!
Zoe LOVED camp food! The cooks made sure she sampled most everything they prepared. Thanks. :)
Camp was a blast, but I'm glad to be home. =)  By the end I was emotionally and physically exhausted.  It's going to take me a few days to recoop from everything and feel 100% again.  But it was worth it.  There were a lot of great kids that touched my heart and I hope to see them all again next year!

But until then, it's back to the daily grind for me.  I already worked since being home, now it's time to go to the grocery store and then head home to unpack and clean my house.  I have 9 days to get my house spotless before my FAMILY comes to visit!  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.