Sunday, May 15, 2011

Growing up overnight

Wait.. I have ears!!
Zoe had a doctor's appointment this past Friday and I was very anxious to find out her weight!  For those of you who don't know -- Zoe has weighed 13 lbs for the past 4 months.  That is not a joke!

Of course, one of the reasons could be that she weaned herself completely from breast milk!  I wanted her to wait till her first birthday before I thought about weaning, but apparently Zoe had other plans.

No matter how much she ate -- and trust me, she ate like a horse -- she could not weigh more than those 13 little lbs.

This past Friday we found out that she finally weighs 16 lbs!  Go Zoe!  I am so relieved that she is finally gaining weight.  Not only is she gaining weight, but she seems to be growing up overnight in that she's dancing, clapping, laughing, and "talking" all. the. time.  Oh, and as you can see by the picture, she has also found her ears.  My baby is slowly turning into ::gulp:: a toddler.  I know I still have some time, but she's slowly losing the baby look.  ::sniff::

::The Boy::
Not only is Zoe growing everyday, but The Boy is too.  Here is the best profile picture we have so far of our second baby.

I am currently 21 weeks and 3 days along which means he weighs about 3/4 of a lb and is about 10 1/2 inches long -- about the length of a carrot.

I'm just now getting to the point where I think I feel him kicking from the outside now.  As soon as I tell Paul he's moving and Paul goes to feel he stops moving.  Ha!  He's a little punk.

I can't help but wonder what this kid is going to be like.  Will he be a clone of Zoe or will he be his own little person?  If so, what kind of personality is he going to have?  So many questions that will be answered in due time.

I tell you what, having kids is so. much. fun!  I absolutely love Zoe and I already love this unborn baby!  I know it's going to be a lot of work to have two babies to take care of, but it's going to be so worth it.  I love my babies.  I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.