Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Who am I kidding?!

Ok, so you know how in my previous post how I said we need to relax and enjoy family during this holiday season.. well, I haven't really done that yet.  ::ahem::  I feel like I'm running around in circles which means nothing is getting done!

No baking, my house is still a wreck, I have not wrapped one present, I didn't get to watch any of the classic Christmas movies, the list goes on..

So what have I been doing?  That is the million dollar question!!!!  I'm losing my mind.  That's it in a nutshell.

It's time to whip up a list..


  • Tidy the house -- I would love to say clean the house but we don't have time for that right now.  I just need to tidy up the worst of it and then we'll worry about really cleaning on Monday, December 27.
  • Wrap all of the presents -- I would love to put everything in gift bags because I really am not a fan of wrapping presents.  I honestly don't have the patience for it.  But I make myself wrap presents for Christmas.  It shows that I love you enough to wrap a present for you!
  • I did watch Holiday Inn for the first time today.  It was pretty good, but I'm used to watching White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life pretty much everyday leading up to Christmas.  Not to mention the kid's classics; Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, The Year Without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, etc.  Can you believe I do not own one Christmas movie?  I should be drug out into the street and shot.
  • Baking.. ah baking..  I'll do it in my spare time.
You may be asking yourself, "Self, why is Grace posting her list for all the world to see?"  My answer is this -- why not?!  Now I have a million people (not really, close to 2,000) watching to see if I really did work on my list!  Perfect idea!

As for tonight, Paul and I are trying a new recipe to bring to church this evening.  Have you ever tried the loaded queso from On The Border?  It's pretty much amazing!  We're going to try and make it ourselves -- with our own little twists.  Wish us luck!

If you don't hear from me before Christmas, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your family and friends!  Remember the reason for the season!  I plan on reading the story of Jesus' birth to Zoe on Christmas Eve before bed.  Traditions have to start somewhere, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.