Saturday, November 20, 2010

"It doesn't show signs of stopping.."

It has snowed everyday since Tuesday and I don't think it will be letting up any time soon.  Our first snow is more like our first blizzard!

I try so very hard to wait till the day after Thanksgiving before singing/playing Christmas music.. but with all of this snow I just couldn't help it anymore!  Thanks to my Pandora app on my phone Zoe and I started our day with Christmas songs sung by Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, etc.

I don't know what's wrong with me!  I normally love Thanksgiving and the fall decor, but this year I'm chomping at the bit to tear everything down and start decorating for Christmas.  Even Paul, who is sometimes considered a bah humbug, is ready to start decorating- and is even listening to some Christmas music!

I wondered if it was because we have a child now, so we want to celebrate her first Christmas right now, but I know of others who feel the same way we do- and their kids are not newborns..

So what's the deal?

All I know is that I love this time of year!!  The happy music, Christmas stories, remembering the birth of Jesus (even though I know He wasn't born in December), decorating with all the lights and ornaments, the Christmas movies.. everything about this holiday is magical and joyous!

And yes, I'm very excited about celebrating Zoe's first Christmas!  She won't really know what's going on, but I don't care.  It will be fun all the same!  Though Paul and I don't have a lot of money right now, I know it will be very special for all of us!  We'll make it the best Christmas ever.. or the best Christmas until next year.  Ha!

I love how interested she is in things!  I want to take her out to experience snow first hand but it's pretty cold out there and I don't want her to not enjoy her first experience.  Maybe when it gets a little warmer I'll be brave enough to take her out to play.

In other news..

I bought rice cereal for Zoe last night!  I figured we would celebrate Zoe's 4 month birthday (which is in 5 days!) by having her try rice cereal with breast milk.  Don't worry- we'll make sure to video tape it so everyone- especially my parents- can see!  I'm so excited!  I know she's going to think it's weird at first since she hasn't anything but breast milk.. well, except for the ranch dressing thanks to her cousin Tom.. and the Oreo cookie kisses from cousin Emilie..  Other then that she hasn't had anything adventurous!  I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.