Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 17



Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something. 
I mostly read fictional books.  I love being able to "snoop" or be a fly on the wall in other people's lives.  Opening doors to different worlds, fantasies, etc.

One book I read when I was 16 was "I Kissed Dating Goodbye."  Though I never dated before, I still though it would be interesting to read.  I found out that I loved it!  Hey, don't knock the book till you've read it!  This book is definitely one you cannot judge by it's cover.. or title.

I have read plenty of fictional books that are really good!  Some are light reads while others are very deep.  One fictional book I read that changed my outlook was "Dana's Valley" by Janette Oke.  I had no idea what it was about, but I was on a huge Janette Oke kick when I was a teen and had to read every book she has ever written!  "Dana's Vally" was a story about a young girl who had cancer, and you saw what happened and how people felt through the eyes of her sister.  It made me realize just how hard it would be if one of my siblings, parents, husband, and now children had cancer.  I do not want to go through that.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.