Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Wee Bit of Me Wednesday




{one} what is your happiest childhood memory?
There are too many to choose from!  I honestly had a wonderful childhood.  During the holidays we all would gather at Grandma and Papa's house and eat on the covered portion of the deck with the wood burning stove keeping us warm.  My family cooks for an army, and there was too much food to choose from.  Talk about eating leftovers for days!

During the summer Papa would grill steaks and we would eat out on the uncovered portion of the porch, and then us grandkids would race down the steps, through the "secret garden" under the deck where the hot tub was, to the swing set and trampoline.  After a long, hard day of playing I remember watching Shirley Temple movies in the basement..

Because my Papa is a pilot, and worked at an airport, I would spend lots of time out there with him and the pilots and "help" them with flight checks.  Papa would fly with us for hours it seemed.

I also remember living in Colorado Springs and having a blast with everyone that lived there.. our Christmas traditions were wonderful- inviting other families and the elderly that had no family close by and play games all day and late into night.

When I got a little older the youth of that day taught me how to sneak into a park in the middle of the night and hide from the cops when they drove by.

You probably didn't need to know that one..

Man.  Those were the days.

{two} what is your middle name?
Elizabeth.  Named after my great Grandma Babe.

{three} what’s the habit you’re most proud of breaking?
Biting my nails!  I think that's the only habit I've been able to break..

{four} what do you order when you order chinese food?
Mongolian Beef.  Super amazingly good!

{five} what’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?
Oh boy..  I found two busts of Victorian women at a secondhand store that is my pride and joy.  I think I spent $4 on them total!

{six} what’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
Dorothy.  Ha!

{seven} who’s your favorite game show host?
Pat Sajak.  Hands down.

{eight} what’s your favorite breakfast food?
Bacon and hash browns. Delish.  Or that casserole thing you can get at Cracker Barrel!

{nine} what’s your least favorite word?
Any kind of curse word drives me nuts.  They just show you have a lack of vocabulary.

{ten} describe something that happened to you for which you have no explanation.
Well.. my daughter just had an explosion an hour before church..  Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.