Friday, July 2, 2010

Thank you Jesus!




First off, here are Paul's and my *new* cell phones!  They came at the perfect time.  This day seemed to fly by thanks to trying to figure out how these things work without my husband's help.  I think I have the basics down.. like how to get on facebook. :)  It took me forever to figure out how to call people, but I think I figured it out..  It'll take me a few days to know the ins and outs of this new phone.  I'm so thankful!

The cameras on these puppies are super good too!  Now I can whip my phone out and take pictures without shame because these won't be fuzzy and dark- since these little guys have a flash.  Woo!

And get this- just today my other phone was freezing up and I couldn't text anyone.  Isn't God good? :)  His timing is perfect!

Speaking of timing..

Last night was Paul's first youth night and he did a wonderful job!  His devotional was exactly what I needed.. exactly what I needed!



"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."  Matthew 6:34


Ever since I have been put on bed rest I have worried night and day that this baby will be born without my mom here.  The thought kills me!  Paul's devotional and the scriptures he used were exactly what I needed to comfort my thoughts.


I had no idea I would be needing that devotional in the next hour.


By 8:00 I couldn't even think straight because of contractions.  I had had some earlier in the day, but they were nothing like what I was feeling then.  I didn't say anything at first.  I tried to not think about them and then maybe they'd go away.


Not the case.


By 10:00 Paul and his parents took me to the hospital because they were getting stronger and more consistent.  When they hooked me up to the monitor it showed that I was having good contractions every minute and they would last 30-50 seconds.


My mother-in-law kept tabs with my mom and we all thought for sure baby Zoe was coming whether I was ready or not!  I tried not to think about anything.. just keep my mind clear and whatever would happen was in the Lord's will.


The nurse checked me a couple times, I stayed dilated to 2, my cervix hadn't softened, and by 2:00 a.m. the contractions were farther apart and not nearly as strong.  More like uterine irritabilities.


*whew*


So, as of right now, we're still planning on my mom being here for the birth of her first grandbaby. :)  As long as Zoe follows the rules!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.