Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a night.. and day..

So much has happened in the past 24 hours I don't even know where to start!

First off, Paul and I stink about surprises. I was determined to not find out, but as soon as I saw that beautiful face.. Paul and I couldn't help but find out what we were having. Because of finding out it has made it seem more real. No, being able to feel the baby kick is not good enough! As soon as Paul went to work he picked out our paint colors and bought them right then and there. As soon as he got home he headed straight for the baby's room and got to painting. I was not able to participate so I just kept him company and we raved on and on about how amazed we were that everything was happening the way it was.. We are so thankful!

Nancy, Noelle, and Daniel came over and they played games with me. We enjoyed laughing and teasing each other. It was almost 11:00 before they started to wander home, but before they left we heard a huge BOOM! Not one- but two! We all raced outside to see what was going on. Was it an explosion? Thunder? What was it?! While we were out talking with neighbors about what was going on, Nancy got a call from Mandie..

Mandie said that she was sitting at her computer when all of a sudden someone tried breaking into her back door. It freaked her out so she immediately grabbed a pistol and called 9-1-1. Because of the huge boom no officers could come to her house because there was a city emergency. She called Nancy and all of us sped to her house in two seconds. I immediately called 9-1-1 again hoping that someone would come.

Paul and Daniel got there first and they took the pistol and went and checked the whole house inside and out for someone- despite the dispatcher saying no one get out of their vehicles. :)

After an hour later- at least, the cops made it to the house and told us what was going on.. What Mandie most likely heard was the sonic booms that we all had heard and felt. Because Mandie's garage door was open it most likely pushed on her back door making it sound like someone was trying to get in. Thank you Jesus!

While the cops were there I asked them how to safely break into my house- since I realized that Paul and I both locked our keys into our own house- since we rode with other people. Unfortunately the only thing they could tell me was, is it cheaper to buy a new door frame or a broken window? Thanks.

As for the sonic booms.. the Air Force "made a mistake" and took off over Havre at mass speeds for whatever reason. It's the talk of the town!

We headed back home and Paul and Daniel were able to thankfully find a window that was unlocked- the smallest window in the whole house! Thank you Jesus! The window is now locked so no one else gets in, and I'm not forgetting my keys for awhile. :)

Paul and I didn't make it to bed till almost 1 in the morning. I was so tired- but because of all the happenings of the day, and because I'm getting bigger and bigger, I just couldn't sleep. 7:00 came way too early and it was time for me to get ready for work.

I went to work and was almost immediately met by a friend of mine who needs prayer desperately. She is in desperate need of God's lending Hand. One person after another came and needed to talk. I hope and pray I said what I needed to say to help each and every individual.

So.. that's my story.. that's how my day has gone.. :) Now I'm relaxing with my husband getting ready to watch American Idol. Great way to defrag, right? I think so!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Between your sonic boom and our interesting weather, never a dull moment. Hope you are feeling much more rested today. Something to think about...it isn't always what we say that helps others...sometimes it is just the being there and listening.

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.